Form FT-1010, Application for Refund of Prepaid Sales Tax on Diesel Motor Fuel Sold Other Than at Retail Service Stations
Web File is free—no additional software needed!
Use Sales Tax Web File to submit your form.
- instant filing confirmation
- automatic calculation of amounts claimed
To get started:
- Log in to or create your Online Services account (view our account creation demo to learn how).
- Select Sales tax-file and pay from the upper left menu of your Account Summary homepage.
- Choose Sales tax web file from the expanded menu.
- Select Sales tax refund request.
Watch our Sales Tax Web File demos for additional guidance.
Complete a separate Form FT-1010 for each calendar month
A separate form is required, whether you Web File or complete a paper application. For example, if you apply for a refund of tax remitted in April, May, and June, you must file three forms (one for each month).
Information for registered distributors
When requesting a tax refund for a previous period, you must also amend your Form FT-945/1045, Report of Sales Tax Prepayment on Motor Fuel/Diesel Motor Fuel, for that period to reflect the new credit/refund information.
You can only file an amended Form FT-945/1045 online if you filed the original return online. If not, you must file a paper amended return. Write "amended" at the top of the form and mail it to the address on the form.