Form ST-131, Seller's Report of Sales Tax Due on a Casual Sale
Web File is FREE—No additional software needed
You can now file and pay your sales tax on a casual sale online. Benefits include:
- automatic calculation of tax due
- up-to-date taxing jurisdiction information
- ability to pay directly from your bank account
- instant filing confirmation
Do not file Form ST-131, Seller's Report of Sales Tax Due on a Casual Sale, if you are required to register for sales tax with New York State or are reporting the sale of a motor vehicle, trailer, all-terrain vehicle, vessel (boat), or snowmobile that must be registered with or titled by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
You will need the following information:
- the sale price of the item or service
- the date you sold the item or service
- the jurisdiction where you sold or delivered the item or service
- your bank account number and routing number
- any documents that support your transaction (receipts, shipping documents)
Not ready to file electronically?
Continue to paper Form ST-131, Seller's Report of Sales Tax Due on a Casual Sale.