E-file - Personal income tax information
Did you receive Excluded Workers Fund (EWF) benefits in 2021?
The Department of Labor (DOL) mailed you federal Form 1099-G with:
- the amount of the EWF benefits you received in Box 6, and
- the amount of New York State withholding in Box 11.
You must report EWF benefits when you file your federal and state income tax returns.
If you are e-filing your return, your software should prompt you to enter all the information from your Form 1099-G, including Box 6. If it does not, contact your software company for assistance.
If you are filing a paper return, report the amount in Box 6 as other income on:
- line 8Z of Schedule 1 of the federal Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, and
- line 16 of New York State Form IT-201, Resident Income Tax Return.
Visit DOL at 1099-G Tax Information for Excluded Workers Fund to learn more about the Form 1099-G for EWF they sent you.
- IRS: Become an authorized e-file provider
- Approved software developers
- Forms and Publications
- How to contact us
- Mandate for tax professionals
- Summary of filing options and payment methods